Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stress

Hello,

Last week was my first week back to school and boy it was fun! (note: sarcasm alert!!) With new electives and already starting the High School Diploma Curriculum has been quite tough. Homework is already starting to pile up and I`ve already taken two quizzes. I was always a person that didn't feel stress much even near exams. I do get nervous and stuff but I don`t get stressed that much. However the last few exams I've it's been really getting to me with the expectations of others and the thought of how my studies will actually affect my life.

Last Sunday I practically had a nervous breakdown? or was it a panic attack? I wasn`t sure. The whole day I spent doing my homework and decorating a cake for a party the following day ( my mom doesn't know how and the previous day I had other stuff to do). I was basically finished with most of the homework that night but I still had to make a powerpoint because I was running to be one in the committee of my house (school houses). I didn't know what to type in because I didn`t want to brag and have all my awards listed out but then I didn't know what else I could type. Then I started to panic my heart was beating so loud and I still had a bit of homework. My mind went pretty much blank losing all problem solving skills and stuff like that. It was like that for quite a few minutes and I was sat in my room still asking friend what should I type for the powerpoint till she started joking about everything was when I started to snap out of it. It has actually happened before and there where times where it was even more serious. I would just started thinking super negative even if it had absolutely nothing to do with what I was doing. Sometimes I'd just break down and cry in my room, there was no reason for it but I would just started bawling my eyes out and thinking really negative.

I have yet found an absolute solution for this but one of the things I like to do is first try as hard as possible to think of something positive. Then I will scroll on my social media in hope of something that is funny that will be able to cheer me up. If that doesn't work I'll go on youtube and and watch a prank video. It as long as something makes me out, it pulls me out of the mood just enough so that I can get myself together. It doesn't always work and if it doesn't I will try and keep on doing what I have to do, I might cry while I do so and the work might get be really bad but when it's done I'll slowly start to feel better.

Stress isn't necessarily a bad thing as it can motivate you to do things but too much is never a good sign. I think that taking frequent short breaks can help. I also like to give myself to work for, maybe to watch a film, some food etc. Whats most important is finding something that works for you whether it is music or water etc. Preventing too much stress is always better than having to deal with a lot of it. A crucial thing as well with me is too stop procrastinating because too if you do too much everything will be left to last minute then you will get stressed out easily.

Overall just try to make fun out of everything. It's hard but it is worth a try.

Have fun
-agnes  

No comments:

Post a Comment